Monday, May 25, 2009

FMI:

Chapter 6

"Nicotine... is the fastest addictive drug known to mankind... It is a quick-acting drug, and levels in the bloodstream fall quickly to about half within thirty minutes of smoking a cigarette and to a quarter within an hour of finishing a cigarette." (p. 15)

"There is no physical pain in the withdrawal from nicotine. It is merely an empty, restless feeling, the feeling of something missing." (p. 15)

"The enjoyment that the smoker gets from a cigarette is the pleasure of trying to get back to the state of peace, tranquility and confidence that his body had before he became hooked in the first place." (p. 16)

"The real reason why every smoker goes on smoking is because of that little monster inside his stomach."(p.19)

1 comment:

  1. I was so engrossed with reading this post and the previous one I almost drooled on my keyboard. I miss smoking. I am so glad to be free from it. But I miss it.

    ReplyDelete